[Server-sky] Anybody want to process the NORAD two-line elements into potential server-sky colliders?

Mike Zuhl mikez at zuhl.com
Sat Mar 21 23:27:06 UTC 2009

On Mar 21, 2009, at 11:20 AM, Tony Rick wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 11:10 AM, Tony Rick <tonyr42 at gmail.com> wrote:
> There is a C++ implementation of both SPG4/SPD4 here:
>
> http://www.zeptomoby.com/satellites/
>
> - tony
>
> There appears to be a plethora of stuff for this effort already out
> there.
> See, for example, http://www.qsl.net/kd2bd/predict.html, which is
> apparently already a Debian (and Ubuntu?) package.
>
> - tony

Yeah, put me down for muscles over brains.  I was after I converted
the program (mostly done with "f2c" so nothing particularly amazing) I
was poking around and found the other code.  It's already done and
presumably tested, so that's the place to start.

It's a bit funny, but even the official Project Space Track C++
version is "FORTRAN spoken in C++."  It's transliterated from the
original language, preserving the clunky calls and global variables.

				--MAZ