[Server-sky] Lame questions to allow Edit changes???

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Thu Mar 26 17:55:44 UTC 2009

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 02:41:01PM -0700, Tony Rick wrote:
> What's with that, anyway?

Good question.

That is called a "text-cha", like a visual captcha only a bit
more disabled-friendly.  I was getting some robot wikispam, and
that stopped it.  If we start getting more wikispam, I will
change the question set.  They are stored in the configuration
file for moin-moin.

I picked some pretty dumb ones, some with multiple correct answers.
I can use more questions (sent to me by email, privately) but they
should be something that (1) a 'bot can't easily figure out,
(2) have short answers (3) aren't used anywhere else, and
(4) foreign english speakers have the knowledge to answer.

The small set I used are a vague approximation of those goals.
If anybody makes a determined effort to vandalize the site, I
will need another set of questions.  I do have nightly backups
of the site, and moin saves revisions.  We can clean up after
wikispam, but that can be time consuming.

That is a question that should go in a FAQ.  Anybody want to
maintain a FAQ?

Keith