[Server-sky] vibration modes

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky zznmeb at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 15:25:09 UTC 2009

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 8:21 AM, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
<zznmeb at gmail.com> wrote:
> I remember absolutely none of my vibrating beam physics. However, I
> can hunt down open-source finite element modeling packages and maybe
> figure out how to use them. That's probably going to be a task on the
> project anyhow. :)

Wow! There are many!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_finite_element_software_packages

Stay tuned ... is there somebody on this list who actually knows how
to do this stuff? I used to speed-tune FEM codes for a living but
never knew the actual engineering they were doing. :)

--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
http://www.linkedin.com/in/edborasky