[Server-sky] Drag and LEO thinsat experiments

Michael Turner michael.eugene.turner at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 06:22:30 UTC 2013

"Make a cubesat with small TV cameras, an S-band transmitter, a
bluetooth transmitter, and a small deployable tent with a 5cm baby
thinsat inside."

It's been proposed (sorry for the vagueness, there's some ITAR
sensitivity here from my source) that PhoneSat become a kind of
standard cubesat bus. It will lack S-band of course but will have a
camera and bluetooth.

The "tent" could double as a de-orbiting mechanism later in flight.
There's been some persuasive talk of a standard for deorbiting cubesat
using this technique

   http://repository.tudelft.nl/view/ir/uuid%3A49d86db1-8909-4464-af1b-fe1655c9c376/

If there could at least be an option in the standard for tent-fabric
transparency, there might be other space-sci/tech uses for it, by
other researchers who'd like long-duration nanogravity themselves,
together with solar insolation. Well, OK, maybe only other solar-sail
researchers. But still.

Regards,
Michael Turner

Project Persephone
K-1 bldg 3F
7-2-6 Nishishinjuku
Shinjuku-ku Tokyo 160-0023
Tel: +81 (3) 6890-1140
Fax: +81 (3) 6890-1158
Mobile: +81 (90) 5203-8682
turner at projectpersephone.org
http://www.projectpersephone.org/

"Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward
together in the same direction." -- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry