[Server-sky] Nanoracks/CASIS tie-up - a flight opportunity for thinsat prototype hardware?

Michael Turner michael.eugene.turner at gmail.com
Sun Jun 30 16:33:38 UTC 2013

Unsolicited proposals may be submitted to CASIS here:

  http://www.iss-casis.org/Opportunities/UnsolicitedProposals.aspx

I wouldn't qualify because Project Persephone is a Japanese
organization. "CASIS will not consider projects using non-U.S.
sponsorship." Note an irony: the Nanoracks/CASIS external exposure
facility recently opened up is actually part of Kibo, the Japanese
module of ISS:  It seems that Nanoracks will be contributing only
enough hardware to have their own "real estate" on a Japanese
facility. Ah well ....

Keith probably clears their Principal Investigator bar pretty easily.
Or he /should/, anyway.

I'm trying to figure out if NGO membership would be worthwhile for me.

  http://support.iss-casis.org/membership-benefits

It's not clear what "premier level passes to the Marketplace Exchange"
are worth -- or even what they are. Are these passes like LinkedIn
InMail, only much pricier?

Regards,
Michael Turner

Project Persephone
K-1 bldg 3F
7-2-6 Nishishinjuku
Shinjuku-ku Tokyo 160-0023
Tel: +81 (3) 6890-1140
Fax: +81 (3) 6890-1158
Mobile: +81 (90) 5203-8682
turner at projectpersephone.org
http://www.projectpersephone.org/

"Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward
together in the same direction." -- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry