[Server-sky] paper on vibrational modes of a disk (3)

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky zznmeb at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 16:41:43 UTC 2009

On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 9:32 AM, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
<zznmeb at gmail.com> wrote:
> I personally work almost exclusively in R these days, with occasional
> Ruby and Perl scripts to do things that R isn't all that good at. I'll
> go visit that site and see if I can duplicate it in R, assuming they
> didn't write it in R already. :)

Well ... he wrote it in Mathematica, but it's a pure numerical problem
so it could be done in R or Perl or Python or Ruby or even C. He
didn't post his code, and he's copyrighted everything to exclude
commercial use. And I still think the way to do this is to actually
build a finite element model of an actual server using an open-source
FEM package.
--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
http://www.linkedin.com/in/edborasky