[Server-sky] Project Loon

Michael Turner michael.eugene.turner at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 04:36:41 UTC 2013

I was also scratching my head over Loon. I can see a potential
terrestrial migration of /some/ satcoms to UAV fleets circling over
populated areas, but a free-floating LTA "server sky" at the mercy of
the winds seems like a lot of balloons for not very much
connectivity-per-balloon at any given time. And then there's the
replacement rate.

Perhaps there's a business case for Loon maritime broadband. Cargo
freighters are getting ever more telerobotic. Ocean cruise passengers
are ever more addicted to their chat connections (/and/ perhaps as the
carbon cost of flying goes up, it will drive more vacationers to
become ocean cruise passengers desiring cheaper, less carbon-intensive
on-board entertainment.)

But I think those would also be good business cases for Server Sky, if
they are good for Loon. So back to Server Sky.

I think it's way past time for you to do the Google Talk, Keith.

Sign my petition!

Regards,
Michael Turner

Project Persephone
K-1 bldg 3F
7-2-6 Nishishinjuku
Shinjuku-ku Tokyo 160-0023
Tel: +81 (3) 6890-1140
Fax: +81 (3) 6890-1158
Mobile: +81 (90) 5203-8682
turner at projectpersephone.org
http://www.projectpersephone.org/

"Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward
together in the same direction." -- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry