[Server-sky] Demandite - machines versus biology

Michael Turner michael.eugene.turner at gmail.com
Sat Jul 20 04:56:35 UTC 2013

"When we need a chemical element, we will not dig for it, we will send
bacteria and ants after it, incentivized by the chemical rewards and
cues they evolved to pursue."

To paraphrase a certain person I otherwise don't like very much: "You
go to space with the self-replicating nanotech you have, not the
self-replicating nanotech you'd like to have."

Hm, I need to put that one in the Project Persephone wiki somewhere ....

Regards,
Michael Turner

Project Persephone
K-1 bldg 3F
7-2-6 Nishishinjuku
Shinjuku-ku Tokyo 160-0023
Tel: +81 (3) 6890-1140
Fax: +81 (3) 6890-1158
Mobile: +81 (90) 5203-8682
turner at projectpersephone.org
http://www.projectpersephone.org/

"Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward
together in the same direction." -- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry