[Server-sky] Recent Changes, O3B

Keith Lofstrom keithl at gate.kl-ic.com
Tue Jun 18 21:59:06 UTC 2013

1) If you want to watch what's happening with the server sky wiki,
surf to http://server-sky.com/RecentChanges.  I make about 20 changes
a month, small and large.  I won't waste your time announcing every
change here, just big stuff.  If you jump through the hoops to sign
up for wiki editor privileges, you can also subscribe to pages to
get realtime updates of changes.

2) Significant to our community:  O3B, the "Other Three Billion"
satellite network, is scheduled to launch its first four satellites
on June 24.  Wish them the best of luck - if their medium bandwidth
satellite internet service doesn't succeed, investors won't bother
with server sky.  If they DO succeed, we can use them for Ka-band
backhaul and failover.   http://www.o3bnetworks.com/

3) I will be in Maryland for a couple of weeks, presenting at DC-L5
on Sunday June 30.    http://www.aroundspace.com/DC-L5.html

Keith

PS - this email is also a test, to see if the reply-to address is
correct now.  I hope tests are complete before I run out of news!