[Server-sky] Recent Changes, O3B

Keith Lofstrom keithl at gate.kl-ic.com
Thu Jun 20 19:57:02 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 11:20:27AM -0700, Jonathan Duke Leto wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> I would be interested in helping get funding for Server Sky by going
> to talk to various companies and seeing if we can get some donations
> of cash money and other things.
>
> Keith, perhaps you can deck me out with some Server Sky flair and
> promo material?
>
> Duke

That is an interesting avenue to explore.  Let's think about where
we hope to end up in the medium term - customers, businesses serving
those customers, who pays who and for what.  Then we can work
backwards to the paths that get us there, and the kinds of
attention and money we want to attract.

Look at the 8 page paper at http://server-sky.com/IEEESustech2013
http://tinyurl.com/ssieee

Way too much information, but focus on the "rural internet for India"
ideas.  I presented this aspect at the International Space Development
Conference a few weeks ago.  About 50 students from India came over
for the conference, and they were enthusiastic about Server Sky.
Meanwhile, the Indus Entrepreneurs (TIE) is an international
entrepreneur's organization with many chapters in the US, including
one in Portland, an exciting group of people to hang out with.
They do a lot of entrepreneur's workshops; they run two incubators
in the Portland area.

Rather than fight for a position at the US internet feeding trough,
we can create and own a new market in India for four times as many
customers, /then/ conquer the rest of the net.

Business folks want to hear about business prospects, and focus on
a capable and committed core team.  The kickstarter crowd wants to
hear different things.  The young engineers in India and elsewhere
who will help design and build and launch server sky have modern
nations to build.  If we can tie these threads together into an
irresistable core surrounded by compelling stories, we can do more
than promote an idea, we can help people discover their own dreams.

There is plenty of raw material on the website.  I'm good at
technical extrapolation, not so good at compelling stories.
Let's write some stories of the future together!

Keith