[Server-sky] Cubesat funding and flight opportunities

Michael Turner michael.eugene.turner at gmail.com
Sun Jun 30 04:19:38 UTC 2013

> The Dragon capsules which reuspply ISS carry cubesat launchers

Zac Manchester told me the other day that /all/ NASA missions are now
required to carry cubesat deployers, and that the ELaNa program (under
which KickSat will be hosted) is one beneficiary of this mandate.
Admittedly, since a lot of NASA missions go well beyond LEO, this
mandate over-represents /LEO/ cubesat launch opportunities. But ISS is
reliable source of LEO launch demand - and KickSat itself will be
deployed on SpaceX's CRS-3 mission.

> Funding is available for worthy proposals.

Specifics would be nice, Charles. Is this some new program, about
which details are not yet public? Where would we find out more about
the amounts of funding, and the sponsor's criteria for "worthy"?

Regards,
Michael Turner

Project Persephone
K-1 bldg 3F
7-2-6 Nishishinjuku
Shinjuku-ku Tokyo 160-0023
Tel: +81 (3) 6890-1140
Fax: +81 (3) 6890-1158
Mobile: +81 (90) 5203-8682
turner at projectpersephone.org
http://www.projectpersephone.org/

"Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward
together in the same direction." -- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry