[Server-sky] Cubesat funding and flight opportunities

Michael Turner michael.eugene.turner at gmail.com
Sun Jun 30 15:57:24 UTC 2013

On Sun, Jun 30, 2013 at 1:29 PM, Charles Radley <cfrjlr at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/29/2013 9:19 PM, Michael Turner wrote:
>>> The Dragon capsules which reuspply ISS carry cubesat launchers
>>
>>> Funding is available for worthy proposals.
>> Specifics would be nice, Charles. Is this some new program, about
>> which details are not yet public? Where would we find out more about
>> the amounts of funding, and the sponsor's criteria for "worthy"?
>

> The program is administered by CASIS

Oh, OK then. A pretty well-established organization.

http://www.iss-casis.org/CASISBasics/ForResearchers.aspx

Are you saying there are new cubesat flight opportunities through this outfit?

> Not much is published about that stuff.

Can you give an example of how CASIS has been than forthcoming about
cubesat flight opportunities?

> [snip]
> Send me a draft proposal and I will pass it on to  our contacts at CASIS
> for a preliminary opinion.

What are the advantages of going through you as opposed to simply
contacting CASIS directly?

Regards,
Michael Turner

Project Persephone
K-1 bldg 3F
7-2-6 Nishishinjuku
Shinjuku-ku Tokyo 160-0023
Tel: +81 (3) 6890-1140
Fax: +81 (3) 6890-1158
Mobile: +81 (90) 5203-8682
turner at projectpersephone.org
http://www.projectpersephone.org/

"Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward
together in the same direction." -- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry